Departmental LGBT networks are a great way to engage people in diversity and inclusion.
This guidance helps you to set up and run a network in your department.
Establishing an employee network can be beneficial to staff, teams and the organisation as a whole.
A departmental LGBT networks can:
- build communities of LGBT staff inside departments
- give a collective voice on issues affecting LGB* staff
- make departments more open and inclusive
- provide better peer support
- promote career progression
The Civil Service Diversity and Inclusion team have created best practice guidance for staff on setting up and running a departmental network.
If you’ve set up a network, make sure you sign up to the CSRA networks newsletter